Diana Artemis;259374 Wrote:
> bobharp wrote:
> > My upgrade was relatively smooth.  I renamed the old directory
> > (/usr/share/slimserver/) after the update to squeezecenter.
> > I updated the wiki.
> > http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?DebianPackage
>
> Presumably you added the bits at the end about having to do more than
> just the basic apt-get from the repository in the form of having to
> install libexpat1-dev separately, having to configure perl manually,
> etc?
>
> Is it reasonable to suppose that this is a temporary fix, and will not
>
> be necessary for installing the final release?

I did not want to wipe that information out of the wiki page.  I do not
have the resources to test various debian distros.  I am on Ubuntu
6.06.

I just added:
-or for the development release (currently SlimServer 7.0a1)-

apt-get remove --purge slimserver
apt-get update
apt-get install squeezecenter

I doubt that a purge is necessary.  I did not have to configure perl or
install libexpat1-dev.

--
bobharp

Bob Harper