bobharp wrote:
> I just added:
> -or for the development release (currently SlimServer 7.0a1)-
> apt-get remove --purge slimserver
> apt-get update
> apt-get install squeezecenter
>
> I doubt that a purge is necessary.  I did not have to configure perl or
> install libexpat1-dev.

That's good!  And really simple.  Thanks for the confirmation.

[If the process is now that simple, I do hope there's some way of
tidying up the wiki so that it's less confusing.  I guess many of us
have had the experience of being led astray by HowTos and wikis that
haven't been cleaned up for years, and have layers of obsolete,
misleading and conflicting instructions.  They get to be like a fridge
in a student house - everyone puts stuff in, but no one feels they can
chuck rotting stuff out, 'cos it's not theirs!  Are there wiki
management rules about this? (Couldn't find any advice on this in the
wiki!  ;-)  )]