schatzy;259463 Wrote:
> Sometimes it takes a little while (sometimes as much as a day or more)
> to get someone on the forum that knows the answer to your question.
>

> Most cable internet connections have a slower speed of upload than they
> do of download. Like my cable connection at my house has a download
> speed of up to 15MB sec (usually runs about 12MB) while the upload
> speed is only 768KB (usually runs around 680KB).
>
> You can check this at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
>
> Click on one of the cities nearest you and when it has finished it will
> give you two numbers one is the download speed the second is the upload
> speed.
>
> If your upload speed is less than 800KB you may have a problem,
> especially trying to run two streams.
>
> Also does your wife find that it is a certain time of day that this
> happens like shortly after school lets out?
>
> I know in my neighborhood when school lets out and all the children
> arrive home the upload and download speeds go down  dramatically. This
> is caused by the amount of traffic on the system. The more traffic the
> slower everyone gets.
>
> Also what is the streaming bit rate?
>
> I have tried to stream 360kbs tracks and it does not work well even on
> the 768 upload because of the overhead data that is required.
>
> So check your speeds and answer a couple other questions and i will try
> to help you try to get this sorted out.
>
> Speed Upload?
> Speed Download?
> Time of day it is the worst?
> bit rate of your tracks?
>
> Schatzy

Many thanks. I will check on this. Time of day it is worst is around 10
AM.
Will get the other answers and report back.
Ijust found it odd that only she is experiencing this.

--
mapatton

Mark

Sony XBR5 / Pioneer Elite VSX-94THX / Panasonic DMP-BD30 / Toshiba
HD-35A / Pioneer Elite DV-48AV / SqueezeBox 3 / SA 8300HD / all with a
Pronto TSU7000