mapatton;260204 Wrote:

> Up = 493 kpbs
> Down = 7684
> TOD = 10-11AM
> bit rate = 192 kbps (for both streams)
>
> which is much lower than what I had it. I had my wife down to this
> level with myself still at 320. I had no issues, she had issues. I
> lowered mine and it didn;t seem to help hers at all.

It seems that your upload speed very low. Also if you add 192 + 192 =
384 + overhead is getting very close to the upload speed. If you can
try an experiment (it may sound lousy) by dropping your bit rates to
92kpbs for a day or two to see what happens. if this clears the problem
up then it is the upload speed that is causing your problem.

If this test doe not help, as Siduhe said there may be something
running your wifes computer that is interfering with the stream such as
Anitvirus or Antispyware software. Another posiblity is that there is a
back network card of cable connecting here computer to the network.

> Many thanks!. I believe the CPU should be fine (2.8 dual core, 2 gigs
> ram, 2 TB RAID 0+1) as it is fairly stout and dedicated.     ...
> Checked it, with 2 streams and the SB3 running my computer CPU usage is
> 3% with 364meg of 2 gig used.

As you had stated in an earlier post your processor and its usage
should not be a problem.

Schatzy

--
schatzy

Kitchen - SB3 - Russound R235LS Amp - Russound SP-M8IM speakers in
ceiling
Main Stereo - SB3 - Nikko Beta 30 Preamp - Nikko Alpha 230 Amplifier -
Genesis VI Speakers