I recently sold one of my Aego M System's to a friend who was looking
for powered speakers and gave another set to my folks.  Whilst I was
very happy with them (I still have a pair in the study) the SUB is
large enough to irritate my wife who likes having music in the main
bedroom and kitchen, but wants the equipment to be as unobtrusive as
possible.

Now is probably a good time to try the Audioengine's, but before I rush
out and buy something, could those in the know clarify a few things for
me:
- do both the A2's and A5's automatically power off/ sleep if no music
signal is received?
- which would be more suited to a 36 - 40sqm room - the 2's or the 5's
(in the bedroom they will likely be at dresser height and in the
kitchen I would look to put them on top of the cupboards
(http://members.iinet.net.au/~egd/DSC00073.JPG), close to the ceiling?

Thx

--
egd