results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43003
Question: Do you think a SlimBox Receiver with an integrated amp would
sell?

- Yes
- No

ConsideringBuying;265111 Wrote:
> I know there is another poll about building an external amp.  I would
> actually like to see something much simpler: A SlimBox Receiver with a
> built-in amp.
>
> Just like the Sonos, I would like to have something I just plug-in,
> connect the speakers and go.  I don't want to have to worry about
> connections, power switching, multiple wall warts, hissing while the
> music isn't playing, etc.
>
> To go after the mass market, I really think they need this.  The
> average person can probably pick out some speakers, but I don't think
> they want to mess with IR blasters, etc.

Not to Flame, but if you want a Sonos, buy the over priced piece of
junk! Slim Devices is doing the right thing, no built in amp to jack up
the price. They have a superior product at a price better for the
consumer.
This is NOT an iPod or MP3 player. It is a Network Media Player that
will play high-resolution music files (FLAC). If you want a cheap amp
to go with any old speakers, buy one. Don't ask SD to waste time and
money on bad ideas. If you just have to have an amp solution built into
your SBR, buy a pair of AudioEngine2s and be done with it especially if
you are just playing MP3s. If you are listening to FLAC, buy a Duet,
nice amp, and a great pair of speakers being happy in the money you
saved over the over priced Sonos.

--
iPhone

iPhone

Last.FM http://www.lastfm.com/user/mePhone

Media Room:
Transporter, Vandersteen Quatro Signature, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks, VTL
TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, VCC-5 Reference Center Channel, four VSM-1
Signatures, Runco 710, RAM Oppo DV970HD, VeraStarr 6.4SE

Living Room:
Squeezebox 3, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two
VSM-1, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold

Bedroom:
Squeezebox 3, Thiel 2.3, NAD C370