just stopped again... :-( same as before.

but this time, the SBs went into zombie mode.

here is more info though:

-> from the corner of my eye, i was watching the screen. buffer
fullness went from ~10% (was approaching end of song) immediately to
100% *before* the new song was supposed to start (there still were
about 10sec. left to play for the old song)

-> the "now playing" screen is still showing on both SBs and the
spectrum analyzer has frozen. i can still scroll through menus, but
play will not commence.

-> SB and SS skipped a track completely for no apparent reason, too.

-> when i do press play (on remote or web-interface), i can see the
buffer re-filling back to 100% and the "now playing" screen shows the
correct track again - but no sound and the now playing progress
indicator does not move. so SS is still receiving and responding to
commands and even filling the SBs buffers properly.

conclusion so far:
-> i do not have a WLAN problem, this is about something else. the fact
that both SBs crash so badly that only a power-down can revive them
indicates to me something wrong with the SBs firmware, not with SS, the
SB hardware, my network or anything else. i suspect the DSP/DAC
firmware.

ps. sorry slwiser if i hijacked your thread! please let me/us know how
much of this is familiar! ;-)

--
dcote