ralphpnj wrote:
> Okay, I've been reading about the new Slim Devices Squeezebox Controller
> with it's wonderful little 2.4 inch color display and some of the other
> music streaming devices/systems with their remotes and/or displays
> which also show cover art and quite frankly I just understand what all
> the fuss is about.
>
> LPs had a 12" square surface area on which to display "cover" art then
> CDs came along and the area available for "cover" art had shrunk to a
> 4-1/2" square. NOw we get the Controller and again the area for "cover"
> art has shrunk, this time to a 2.4" square. So I guess that means the
> Controller display of cover art is about equal to that on a video iPod.
> I don't know about you but I find the cover art display (even the larger
> version of the cover art display) on the iPod to pretty much useless.
> Sure it's a nice little, tiny picture but it's still pretty much
> useless.
>
> Why is it useless? For one thing, aside from the pretty picture, cover
> art tells my nothing about the recording. How about having the ability
> to display something useful, like let's see:

I agree, I would trade the cover art for more screen real estate to show
more info. I really hate song titles that scroll on my Controller
screen. If the cover art could be disabled more text would fit on the
screen without scrolling. I'd vote to make it optiona which shouldn't be
too hard.

Regards,
Peter