Finally got it to get through the entire setup menu by turning off all
wireless security and firewalls, and selecting a different channel
instead of AUTO.

It found my music source and would play songs...but the songs kept
cutting out...when the SBC would freeze... (so not a RCA cable issue).
I updated the software from the settings menu, since I could finally get
to it, but no difference.

Seems like communication between the SBC SBR and my wifi is spotty.
But how to know which of the 3 devices is failing?  My Wifi has been
having grave difficulty keeping a signal (it is a strong signal when
present...but just loses the connection on the tablet over and over).
Having no security (WEP or WPA/WPA2) is the only thing that seems to
keep the wifi from losing a connection...

--
mowensmd