Guess the community can't help much.  Good luck Slim, you have a great
form factor here but the connectivity is in the dumpster.  Maybe the
wifi here (congested condo area) is the issue, but it doesn't affect
any of 3 other laptops/tablets.

I've gotten connection to my music, unreliably (couldn't play one song)
at total of one time.  I must have changed firewall, network settings,
security, factory resets, power cycled and otherwise futzed until I'm
truly blue in the face.

Netremote had better connectivity frankly.  Maybe I don't understand
the intricacies of WiFi enough, but if this is what it takes I don't
have the time too...

Looks like a proprietary WiFi (sonos) is worth it for functionality,
even if congesting the airwaves a bit more.

Last, before I leave my soapbox...for those who state Slim is
cheaper...compare apples to apples.  For powered sound in more than 3
zones, you'll be shelling out quite a bit in amplification and speakers
either way.  Ditch the powered zone players by Sonos or powered speakers
for Slim (who wants to figure out how to bury the AC cables/speaker
cables anyhow) and go with a Russound CAV and you have 6 zones with
only one sonos ZP80...

--
mowensmd