alexho;278869 Wrote:
> In fact, the problems is:
>
> If you have a track with
> Artist="Foo" ArtistSort="Foo"
>
> and another track, on another album with
> Artist="Foo" ArtistSort="Bar"
>
> the outcome on SqueezeCenter seems to be random.
>
> All the albums and tracks belonging to that artist are either sorted
> under "Foo" or under "Bar" (last entry wins or random)

Right, there are good ways to abuse that for fun and profit (see
below), but I believe that sort of general "undefined behavior" in this
case is 100% correct.  The user (or tagger) has provided SC with
conflicting data: it is therefore up to SC to decide which to follow,
and it is free to just make it up.  Given your dataset above, what
would be the correct artist sort?  Or would that make for two artists
(which would break a bunch of people...)

As for ways to abuse this for fun and profit:

Artist="Frank Sinatra"  ArtistSort="Sinatra, Frank"
Artist="Antontio Carlos Jobim" ArtistSort="Jobim, Antonio Carlos"
Artist="Frank Sinatra;Antonio Carlos Jobim"  -noartistsort-

With a bit of magic you're past the unpredictable nature of 1-to-1
matches on artist/artistsort.  The last set will be properly credited
to both artists (no need to make a fake artist 'Sinatra & Jobim'
artist) and sorted correctly.

--
snarlydwarf