results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41597
Question: Does Album Catalogue Creator (RC5+) create a trustworthy
output?

- Yes
- Yes but with minor issues
- No
- It does not work at all

SilverRS8;281512 Wrote:
> Often those problems are inconsistent tag related. Can you maybe post a
> screenshot from a tagging application of the tracks of the albums you
> used giving the problems?
>
> Frank

Hi,
here is the result:

1. Multiple artists (image 1): when an album (and all its tracks) has
multiple artists, ACC generates tracks replicated for each artist. You
can have multiple artist in a album dividing the artist by a ";" in the
artists field.
(To activate the multiple artist, you have to go into:
SC7 / Settings / Music Library
and write ";" in the "Separator for Multiple Items" field.)

[SqueezeCenter can extract multiple artist, album titles and genres
from the tags inside your music files. If SqueezeCenter finds any of
the words or characters below in your tags, it will create individual
listings for each item. For example, if you put a semicolon in the list
below, a song with an artist tag of "J. S. Bach;Michael Tilson Thomas"
will appear in the artists area for both "J. S. Bach" and "Michael
Tilson Thomas". Changing this setting will start a rescan of your music
library.]

2. Album with the same name (image 2): if two album have the same name
(for example: "Symphonie Fantastique"), ACC creates one cover for each
track of the album and for every occurence of the same album name. For
example if there are two albums with the same name with 5 tracks each,
ACC will create 10 covers with one track each.

3. Multiple genres (image 3): when an album has multiple genres
(divided by a ";") ACC generates two album covers for each track.
In my opinion this happens because ACC reads 2 albums with the same
name from the library - same situation of point 2 above.

4. sorting by Genre (image 4): I found that if the Artist is "Various
Artists" (written by myself not by SC7) the albums are not sorted
correctly by genre but are put at the end of the list in alphabetical
order.

Pictures:
1. In this case the tag Artist is: "Rosemary Clooney; John Pizzarelli;
Diana Krall" which actually means 3 artist for this album. In SC7 the 3
artists appear separated.

2. In this case, I have 2 album names that are the same "Symphonie
Fantastique". Of course this could easily happen for classical music.

3. In this case, the Genre tag is "Louge; Bossa Nova". The album
appears in SC7 under 2 different genres

4. This picture shows that the album with the tag artist = "Various
Artists" are at the end of the list and are not sorted by genre as they
should.

|Filename: 4-sorting.JPG                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4637|

elite1967