> Tried shutting down McAfee related services / processes within Task
> Manager and finally got squeezecenter 7.0 to start.

Great! Bad news is that we're seeing an increasing number of issues with McAfee
:-(.

> Any idea why it did not show up when we were looking for services
> already using port 9000 ? Is it because it was a firewall process with
> some special cover up or hide process is in place ?

That's the only guess I have. I can't say for sure. QA should probably get
McAfee and explore all its oddities.

> I take it from the forum that you actually work for Logitech / Slim
> devices ?

Yes, I do.

> The product so far is excellent and is exactly what I had been looking
> for and waiting for. I do think however that the instruction book
> included in the retail pack is very poor and believe the pack should
> actually include the document you later need to search for and download
> from the internet site.

I thought they should be the same. But I'm not sure about this - I've never
unboxed a production Duet myself.

> Are you planning on releasing a NAS with Slimserver already loaded ?

I'm sorry, but we don't comment on future development. But we do support NAS
manufacturers if they want to get it running on their devices.

--

Michael