Update: I've downloaded the latest nightly patch last night (7.0.1) and
reinstalled SqueezeCenter. I've also done a 'software update' for the
controller. Restarted everything and it works!!

I played around with it for approx 30 mins last night without any
hiccups. I didnt receive a single blue/red wifi logo. Album art loading
time is manageable. Browsing music folders had no noticeable delay (of
approx 10k files). So yes, this product is what I expected it to be.
Thanks guys!

I will play around with it extensively this weekend and will report any
findings.

FYI, my setup includes:
-Netgear WPNT834 Wireless Router
-Hardwired SB Receiver (I havent done any updates so its still the
original firmware)
-Latest version of the software for the controller (downloaded last
night 3/3/08)
-Fresh copy of Squeezebox Center 7.0.1 installed in windows XP SP2

--
jwaka11