I wish everyone would stop blaming wireless networks.  While there may
be some issues with some wifi network setups, the Duet has some serious
bugs.  I too have been having to do a factory reset daily since I bought
this.  I am now running 2171 and connectivity has not improved.  I am
connected adhoc to the receiver which is wired back to my router.
Everything was working tonight.  I was connected to my Mac upstairs
where all of my music lives.  Then my wife turned off the Mac and I
lost the connection.  OK, I thought, the beauty of this thing is that
it doesn't require the PC to be on.  So I tried to connect to
SqueezeNetwork.  No luck.  I rebooted the remote.  Tried to connect to
SN - No luck.  I rebooted the receiver. No luck.  I repeated both of
these about 3 times.  No luck.  I went upstairs and turned on the Mac.
Finally I was able to connect.

Can the Duet not connect without SqueezeCenter running?  When it loses
its connection with SqueezeCenter, it seems to require that the unit be
setup again (connect to the receiver, choose the music source...)

I would highly recommend doing a lot of testing when the
receiver/remote are connected to a PC/Mac and then the computer is
turned off.  This seems to hose the entire device.  It took me over 30
minutes to get everything up and running again.  There is no way my
wife or any other family member could use this device at this point.
Such a shame.

--
davidmac27