It's probably your wireless network signal strength.

The "channels" available are slightly different radio frequencies
(basically). It may be that you have a neighbour with a wireless system
on the same channel, and that's causing interference.

The option for changing your radio channel is generally in your
wireless router's "Setup" or "Wireless Configuration"-type page; at
least, it has been on any Linksys Wireless AP I've ever seen.

I'm guessing that changing the radio channel won't make a huge
difference: two things seriously affect wireless signal strength:
distance, and line-of-sight. The closer you are, and the fewer
walls/floors/things you have in the way, the better the signal will be.
(Up to a point, wireless often breaks within a distance of about a
foot).

If you can't get the SB and AP any closer together, how much chance
have you got of running cables? Very little performs as consistently
well as copper :)

--
davis