rbl wrote:
aubuti;288831 Wrote:
But if possible, I'd try a wired solution for the SB3 first.

Thanks, but does a wired solution actually help? Surely it just stops
intereference, but the network speed won't be much better (signal
strength in my flat is pretty good). I do think about upgrading to a
gigabit setup which I guess would help, but these gigabit setups still
seem to be fairly unusual, and I suspect my Buffalo Linkstation wont
benefit anyway.

Wired is always better than wireless.

Is there a way to monitor what is going on on a network from my laptop?

Wireshark is an option. but that usually won't work with a wifi interface

Regards,
Peter