results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42805
Question: Would you buy a Slim Devices/Logitech branded amp?

- YES!
- NO!

KeithHarmon;294804 Wrote:
> The only other idea I have is to use a Smart Strip by Bits-ltd (power
> strip/surge protector).   It senses A/C current one one outlet (in this
> case the SB), and turns on a couple other outlets (in this case, the
> Amp).  I assume the SB will draw enough current to trip the smartstrip.

I think that would almost certainly not work. Not only are the
Squeezebox players very efficient, but the difference in power draw
between "off" and "on" is essentially zero, and the difference between
paused/stopped and playing is very small. See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43071 for info about the
Duet/Receiver and a link to info about the SB2/SB3.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver FuzzyTime PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket
SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock