results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42805
Question: Would you buy a Slim Devices/Logitech branded amp?

- YES!
- NO!

peterw;294871 Wrote:
> I think that would almost certainly not work. Not only are the
> Squeezebox players very efficient, but the difference in power draw
> between "off" and "on" is essentially zero...

Glad to hear that (so I don't try it).  Looks like I found an Amp -
Audiosource AMP-100 - 50w/ch, auto-sense on, and less than $100 (at
J&R, for example).  No tone controls, but it sounds like that might be
addressed by the plug-ins mentioned above in the thread (did not look
at that).  Audiosource has other more powerful models as well.
This puts the SB on par with the powered Sonos option, although you
can't listen to analog sources like you can with the Sonos (i.e.,
listen to "the big game" in the next room from the cable box source
which Sonos can do.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_3/audio-source-amp-100-amplifier-7-2004.html

--
KeithHarmon