I've got WOL working, in so much as I can leave my PC in Sleep mode and
pressing power on a SqueezeBox will wake the server up.

However, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to wake my PC up when the
alarm time is reached (or slightly before).  Eg. is it possible for the SB
firmware to send a WOL magic packet a minute before the alarm time?

Alternatively, I may be able to set something in my BIOS to wake the PC up at a
specified time, but this isn't a great solution when a different time is
required for different days of the week, as I'd have to remember to reboot to
edit the BIOS each night.

Phil