With the SB architecture, there's not much you can wait from the SB. But
if I were you, I would look at the tools you can find for your bios
configuration.

A lot of motherboards have "clock wake up" capability in the bios. And
I know too that tools exists to program this bios parameter from the
computer (linux mostly, but it should exist in windows). So the only
solution I can imagine would be to create a plugin that set the "wake
up clock" of the bios each time it sends the computer to sleep, just
before issuing the sleep or shutdown command.

--
vrobin