stephanm wrote:
> I am looking into buying SD Duet or Sonos and I am still undecided. I
> will use a Time capsule as a storage device. I am the opposite of being
> an expert (still don t understand what DACs or FLACS are..., but i m
> sure i ll learn on those forums)
>
> It is really difficult to see how SD supports the time capsule and macs
> in general. Sonos has in its support page a "setting up time capsule
> using Mac or PC. I can t find anything here.
>
> Can i assume i can do the same on Duet and hence it shouldn t be a
> criteria of selection for me?

The main difference between Sonos and Squeezebox is that the Squeezebox
needs a server running. The Sonos can get by with just a networked disk,
like the timecapsule (if I understand it correctly). Some networked
disks (NAS) are able to run the Squeezebox server software, but the time
capsule probably isn't, Apple being Apple. You can run the Squeezebox
server software on any MAC, Windows or Linux PC. But it has to be on
when you play music unless you're content with using Squeeze Network.

Regards,
Peter