RonM;298902 Wrote:

> It would be nice if there were some alternative choices, options only
> -- e.g. to no play from the same album two cuts in a row, or to choose
> a spiral method, where a track would be played from each of the
> included albums until they'd all had a track played, and then it
> started over, with both tracks and albums being randomly selected.  I'm
> sure that would be too much to ask for.

Dynamic Playlist plugin together with Custom Skip can pretty much do
all this. Although, it require some work to configure it.

The basic idea is:
- Dynamic Playlist plugin plays either saved playlists by itself or
also random mixes if SQL Playlist plugin is installed.
- Dynamic Playlist checks each tracks against filters defined in the
Custom Skip plugin, if a track matches any filter it is skipped, if it
doesn't match it is added to the current playlist.
- In the Custom Skip plugin you can setup a filter to skip tracks that
have been recently played, or tracks by artists that have been recently
played.

If you want to do more advanced filtering in Custom Skip based on when
a track was last played, you will also need the TrackStat plugin which
keeps a history of when a specific track has been played.

So it can be done but since the functionality is divided into several
plugins and very configurable it is a bit of work to set it up exactly
as you want it.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))