pippin;299889 Wrote:
> No. I have the same thing in my car radio. This is usually not a
> correlation thing, because you don't hear correlations, as soon as the
> first track is different you are on a completely new trail and don't
> tell me that you can hear a correlation like in
> 1 20 4 80 5 vs 2 40 8 160 10
>
> What you describe usually is a bad randseed issue, that is: the same
> start value is used on consecutive rand sequences instead of using
> something like time() as a start value.

I think you're mistaken here; if the RNG seed were the same, you'd get
the SAME random number sequence.  What I get with my iPod and dislike
is similar but not identical random number sequences - a classic sign
of correlation with the RNG (i.e., different seeds produce similar
sequences). And yes, I can tell that, out of several thousand songs, I
tend to hear the same ones in the first 100 or so.

--
kmr