peterw;299909 Wrote:
> Right now, I fear that editing the .pref files might be best.
>
> I've given some thought to a plugin that would make this stuff easier
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=40924) but have not
> written anything yet.

IMO, some type of player management needs to become a part of the main
server settings rather than implemented as a plugin.  As SqueezeCenter
bills itself more and more as a multi-zone music solution this ability
becomes essential.  Nobody should be editing prefs files except in rare
situations and these types of requests have become increasingly common.

Some enhancement requests have been filed and some interest expressed
from the powers that be, but obviously Logitech's developer resources
are spread pretty thin.  This isn't the type of thing that is handled
well by a third party plugin, with users needing to rely on plugin
updates as new versions of the server come out.  It needs to always
work.  This feature also needs to deal with new versions of hardware
players as they come out, with new settings and new defaults for each
one, so relying on a plugin developer to keep up would be a poor
choice.

--
JJZolx

Jim