>not only that multiple ALBUMARTIST work on album. One can actually mix
>and match various ALBUMARTISTS across the tracks of an album:
>
>very good feature that definitely shouldn't be discontinued.

I doubt that was an intended feature.  Sounds really wrong.  ALBUMARTIST is for
grouping all songs on an album to be by the same artist.  You have declared
different album artists on songs on the same album.  I think you have a
time-bomb waiting to happen.

Unless you don't actually have ALBUMARTIST tags because you've used some
external tagging program that reports "Album Artist" but actually uses TPE2
BAND tag instead?

>I'm not getting what you are saying - you don't see a need for it in
>your library or you don't see why somebody else would need it?

I personally would expect ALBUMARTIST to reference exactly one artist name.  I
use ARTIST tags to denote who performs on the songs on the album, and
occasionally add BAND tags to add additional information about performers on
the album.  I use ALBUMARTIST to ensure that the album is seen as a regular
album and appears under one artist when browsing by artist.

I don't have a problem with people using ALBUMARTIST to contain multiple artist
names; seems a valid thing to do as long as the same info is on each song.

I may find a case when I will use that feature; I haven't yet, and not sure if
I will.

My only concern was that SqueezeCenter also stores a contributor (artist
foreign key) within the album record.  This can only be one artist, so what
happens if I have two album artists?

Note that I have seen strange effects on an album where I only set ALBUMARTIST
on one song, rather than all songs.  I thought that it would only be needed on
songs with guest performers, but my recommendation is to set ALBUMARTIST on all
songs.  Otherwise you seem to get the set of artists and track artists reported
inconsistently (can't remember what the specific issues were, just remembered
not to do it again!).

Phil