Sike;313381 Wrote:
> Ahhh the WRT54GL.. a timeless classic. Ugly as hell but highly
> reliable.
>
> Range is not that great as it's not a MIMO.

I have played with several recent G routers (linksys and others) and
the WRT54GL had identical range to the others in my experience.  (I
have played with swapping them around and used netstumbler to measure
the signal.)  Also, with the third party firmware you can pump up the
transmit power and increase the range beyond that of the others.  Based
on this, I settled on using the WRT54GL as it seems more reliable (got
sick of rebooting my router every few days).

--
lanierb