> I pointed it to my single iTunes music folder,

Where did you do that - in the iTunes prefs or as the music folder? If you're
running SC on the same machine as iTunes, don't set neither music path nor path
to the iTunes xml file. But make sure iTunes integration is enabled. SC should
find your iTunes file automatically.

If this still doesn't work, set logging (Settings/Advanced/Logging) for
plugin.itunes to debug, do some change in iTunes and watch the scanner.log
file. Please upload the last few hundred lines to this thread (as a text file).

--

Michael