Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to post here.

Hopefully you are looking at high bitrate streams for streaming devices
such as the squeezebox, as most people here will have a better audio set
up linked to their squeezebox than to their PC and will do most of their
listening that way.  (And I predict this trend is only going to
continue)  Unfortunately I suspect the streaming device vendors have
less options on codecs than you do if the desktop is your main target.
Do you have high bit rate on streaming devices (rather than "internet
radio" and "fridges") as one of your targets?

Look forward to developments and hope the feeds & menus used by
alienbbc will continue for a while..  Any information you can share on
xml or other api interfaces to publically available content would be
very intersting.

Adrian

--
Triode