Nonreality;315828 Wrote:
> Erland is there a way to make these pages self populate after we get
> them done?  If we do an A-Z and a Category index is it possible to have
> any new pages show there like it does in the All Pages area?

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

If you really want ALL pages in the index, doesn't the "All Pages" do
the job good enough ?

If you don't want all pages in the index, it seems like a bad idea to
add things to it automatically.

If you really want something like "All Pages", but just want it divided
per alphabetic character, I think someone should look at writing a wiki
plugin for this (unless there already is one available).

Indexes that are manually updated will work for things that doesn't
change very often, like for example "Beginners guide", but it won't
work if you really want it updated with every single page on the wiki
site.

If you are trying to categorize things, you should really use
[[Category:xxx]] keywords in each page instead of creating a specific
index page (xxx should be replaced with your category name). If you do
this you will get an automatic updated index page, for example like
this one:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Category:Development

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))