erland;315844 Wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do.
>
> If you really want ALL pages in the index, doesn't the "All Pages" do
> the job good enough ?
>
> If you don't want all pages in the index, it seems like a bad idea to
> add things to it automatically.
>
> If you really want something like "All Pages", but just want it divided
> per alphabetic character, I think someone should look at writing a wiki
> plugin for this (unless there already is one available).  Yes that is what
> we'd like to do "first" but only knew how to do
manually.  But thats not the end result. The "All Pages" is great but I
think it would be easier to use if it was organized by letter.  Then we
want to do by category and that wouldn't need to be updated
automatically like you said. I think that once it's in place people
that create a new page that they feel should be in the category index
will update it themselves and maybe a reminder to do that could be put
on the main page or something to that effect.  My thinking is that an
organized "All Pages", a Category Index and the Search would really
make it a nice way for people to explore in whatever way the find the
best for them.  My problem is that I haven't done anything with Web
pages for 15 years or more so it's all new to me again.  I don't mind
working on it but if it's not a good idea or if people don't feel it's
needed then it's probably not worth doing.  That was my original idea
for the post, to get some feedback.  Also while it would be nice for
me, it's more for the new people to find stuff that they are looking
for and not have to wait for a forum response until they get stuck and
need the forum. Maybe I should have put it in the beginner section to
see what they would like because so far from the posts here it seems
like it not really needed.  Thanks for the help and we'll see what
transpires.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality