andyg;321049 Wrote:
> SC will stream silence when you connect a player, so it should handle it
> fine (unless it's as buggy as you say...).
Not necessarily. I know iPhone does a lot of optimization to conserve
power, so maybe it somehow detects an empty stream and shuts it of...
The behavior is completely reproducible: When I pause the stream (on
SC) and then also pause it on the iTuner app, it loses the connection
(and indicates so). When I then try to restart (on iTuner) it says
"cannot recognize stream format". But if I then re-start the stream on
SC it can connect again.

It also seams to buffer ahead quite a bit (30s for my 192 kbps mp3s and
more than 2min for 64kbps streams) so I can only imagine the distorted
playback has to do with decoding issues.

Lower bitrates make no difference, it seems to have more to do with the
track, some songs seem to be more sensitive than others (reproducible).

The strange thing is it seems to have no such issues with shoutcast
streams. Is there anything you do different?

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com