newsie wrote:
> there are three computers on the network, but only one, the one the
> third floor that i described, is used to access squeezecenter. it runs
> mac os 10.4. and the version of sc is 7.01.

Most likely, you have a networking problem, but you have to be much more
explicit on what computers are doing what, how they are connected, etc.

I am asking you for explicit details of which computer is running
SqueezeCenter. So far, you have not answered this. Its fundamental.

You say you have a cable modem connected to an Apple extreme, which is
just a WiFi router.

Do you have an Ethernet hub? or is everything WiFi

Please list each of your three computers, what OS is on them.
List which has SqueezeCenter, and which has the browser that you are
trying to use to reach the SqueezeCenter.

Don't worry about IP addresses until you get some basic things covered.

Under Windows, you find the IP address with the ipconfig program.
On most Linux, you use the ifconfig command. I don't speak OS-X, but I
bet its something close.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/