From: Discuss <discuss-boun...@lists.software-carpentry.org> on behalf of
Alexey Shiklomanov <ashik...@bu.edu>
Sent: 15 November 2017 14:22
To: ANTONIOLETTI Mario
Cc: discuss@lists.software-carpentry.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss] FW: Welcome to the new Firefox

I agree that command line SQL is the way to go, and I have seen it taught that
way successfully. Similarly, I think we could emphasize the SQL APIs provided
by the languages we teach. For instance, R's `dbplyr` package (part of the
tidyverse) integrates wonderfully into the general tidyverse ecosystem, and
requires very little additional cognitive overhead to grasp once the basic
dplyr, etc. commands have been taught. I'm sure there are similar mature
interfaces for Python.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 4:14 AM, Mario Antonioletti