Peter Kupfer wrote:

>> And it still *is* a setting. Obviously there's a bug if it doesn't work.
>
> No, if you read the document I originally alluded to, it is very clear
> that this setting will be removed. There is even a picture of what the
> new settings screen will look like when it is done. They just haven't
> bothered to fix the whole thing. Just removed the functionalitity
> withour providing a shortcut as is also said needs to be done in the
> file I mentioned.

Yes, you are right (see my answer to Niklas' mail). I promise to read
more than the first paragraph of the chapter ("The set of parameters
that define the document view remains unchanged between OOo 1.1 and OOo
2.0. On save operations the document view data is always stored to the
file (same as in OOo 1.1).") in the spec next time. :-)

>> OOo setttings could be used in the same way. There are already a lot of
>> settings you can't change in the "Options" dialog, and I agree that it
>> might be preferable to remove even more from this dialog, but not from
>> the configuration files itself. You can use a decent XML editor to
>> change the files directly (or even a text editor could be used). That
>> should be enough for experienced users, shouldn't it?
>
> I think this is a fantastic idea!

Well, it's not an idea, it's already possible now. My point was just
that even if we removed more options from the dialog we wouldn't lose
that much because experienced users still could change them externally.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.