I just realized I screwed up and sent the following to the dev list
instead of discuss *hits head on wall*
=============
Check this out:
http://desktop.google.com/plugins/indextheopenoffice.html

It seems Google Desktop now has an SDK to make plugins to search
additional file formats.
This one is only for the OOo 1.*, but according to the dev's site,
there's a new version with support for OpenDocument
(http://www.trivex.net/ ). The plug-in is open source BTW.

Maybe this could be offered as one of the extras on the new download
page Daniel Carrera made, assuming Sun goes for the new page of
course.

I don't know how well it works yet... I haven't tried it. But knowing
it's there is kinda cool.

Enjoy,
Jacob