Alexandro Colorado wrote:
Mplayer is not very hard, you can download the front end too and then you have a
full player with all the codecs you need to play anything.

right, is not hard to install Mplayer, but i said "distributing" - it contains codecs for *a lot* of patented technologies which can't be distributed legally

Mensaje citado por Nicu Buculei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Chad Smith wrote:
Do me a favor - name me any other cross-platform media player that can
run Real media, is open source, and runs on Mac OS X, Windows, Solaris,
and Linux....

Mplayer is such an application, but good luck distributing it. but why the "Real media" requirement? i don't think we should care about anything else beyond free formats - Ogg Vorbis and perhaps uncompressed Wav

-- nicu my OpenOffice.org pages: http://ooo.nicubunu.ro