Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks that is useful. Just can't find it now in 2.0 beta. Where is the
> follow path option? I have looked under the Motion paths tab but can't
> find a follow path.

You're right, that's one of the things we've dropped. Time was simply
over after the Impress and slideshow rework.

But since we're now building heavily on UNO API, a clever script
programmer could bring that back to life - selecting a path shape in
Impress and assigning that to another shape's effect (note that,
internally, you can still perfectly well animate shapes along
paths. It's just not currently editable via Impress UI). For further
details, I'd suggest interested readers follow-up on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Really having something to trigger events such as the already defined
> sound effects or a graphic fade etc would be a good start. I would not
> have though that too difficult to implement. Just store the coordinates
> of where the event is to take place and apply the effect when the image
> is at that point.

That would be kinda hard to force into the internal mechanics. But
what about simply splitting up the path into multiple, touching
subsets, with each of them controlling a separate effect (separate
effects can trigger events at start or end)? You can even have a macro
or script that hides that for a user...

HTH,

--

Thorsten

If you're not failing some of the time, you're not trying hard enough.