Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> On Lun 25 avril 2005 0:04, Mathias Bauer a écrit :
>> M. Fioretti wrote:
>>
>>> 2) the system package manager (rpm, apt, whatever) is not informed
>>>    of what is added, hence it might not object later if you install
>>>    with it some 3rd party thing that messes up what you added by
>>>    hand to OO.o, Firefox, etc...
>>
>> Wether the system package manager needs to be informed depends on the
>> way the Add-On interacts with the system. If all Add-Ons are self
>> contained and do not need any other "packages" except the OOo
>> installation I don't see a problem.
>
> Except they will need a particular python/c++... runtime, and what happens
> when you share your $HOME between different systems, when you update from
> a x86 to an amd64 or PPC64 box, etc

If you really had taken some time and understood how the OOo packages
work you wouldn't write such nonsense. Sorry, but you don't know what
you are talking about.

This is not a base for a fruitful discussion. I don't say that we
shouldn't think about your advice, but I expect that all people in a
disussion listen to each other and try to understand where they are
coming from. Obviously that's not how you like to discuss.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.