Just a couple quick comments....

Peter Reaper 15:19 2005-05-31:
>Some things that still "bug" me about OpenOffice:
>
>1. The page ZOOM toolbar button needs to be a dropdown selection, instead of
>the more cumbersome separate dialog window.

I agree, but havent looked hard for alternative.

Quy can quickly type the command; for me on Swedish version it is
Alt+s,k,b,[Enter] for "zoom to page width"

Put it in a macro if you wish.

>4. Need shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+V = paste without formatting.

What is the problem with current CTRL+SHIFT+V ? ( I use 1.94.100)

>6. Double click should select a sentence; tripple click should select a
>paragraph. (it might already do this)

Why donīt you try a recent release before writing about itīs features??
It does what you wish, plus 4 clicks to select paragraph! :)

>There's more, but you can see that all this hype about OOo being nearly as
>good as Word or even WordPerfect is just that: hype and wishful thinking.

Bullshit. (IMHO i add to be polite...)  I taught Staroffice5x and Word97 in
class years ago and already then  Staroffice had its features, that was when i
really decided to use Staroffice and now OOo.  I even had pupils installing and
making their first document in the first lesson i (after lot of debating) got
permission from shool IT department to let them install program into the
computers, and after first having learnt MSWord.  They just found the commands
in a bit different places in the menues but did not care, and were as
productive.

My girlfriend just made the switch too as shen can much more easily get things
as she wish in OOo  (OK, mainly because od OOo Draw).  OOo(2beta) seem to have
*Less* quirks and is more logical than MSWord(97) in general.

>OOo 2.0 beta is a HUGE improvement over OOo 1.1.x :-)

Yes, but not to say 1.1 is bad.

/Morgan
--
Morgan Olsson, Kivik, Sweden