Please don't set follow-ups to newsgroups the OP doesn't subscribe to without giving a reason and without telling the OP *beforehand*. Thanks.

G. Roderick Singleton on 31.05.2005 16:25 wrote:
On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 15:19 +0200, Peter Reaper wrote:

Some things that still "bug" me about OpenOffice:

1. The page ZOOM toolbar button needs to be a dropdown selection, instead of the more cumbersome separate dialog window.

It is already. You are looking in the wrong place for the dropdown.

I looked around and couldn't find a toolbar button with a dropdown selection. Care to back up you claim with some facts/instructions?

2. The document page should be CENTERED on the screen instead of on the left edge, which is visually "unbalanced".

This is a user setting. Try Optimal.

That only centers the document at *one* fixed zoomlevel (one too big for my needs). It's a poor workaround, at best, and an ingenuous "suggestion" at worst.

If you haven't already registered, do the following:

I'm already registered. Thanks anyhow though.

6. Double click should select a sentence; tripple click should select a paragraph. (it might already do this)

It selects a sentence.

My mistake. *quadrul* should select a paragraph. (it seems OOo already does this, so nevermind...) :-\

I would also like to ask you to assist in making OOo better. If you can
code, there are opportunities to contribute.

I (unfortunately) can't code.

I can see you are
articulate

OK, I'm blushing now. You charmer. :-)

and can offer you the opportunity to improve the
documentation. ( See http://documentation.openoffice.org/ )

I might take a look there. however, my time is very limited and my interest are in the UI and feature-set of OOo. Also, my primary interest is still Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox (I'm "taken" ;-) ).

If you have
command of languages other than English, you have the opportunity to
translate from English to your language of choice or vice versa.

I speak German natively. Got a link?

BTW, I think OOo should be more like WordStar as it was better than
WordPerfect in many ways.

Can you give three specific examples (WS > WP) that would benefit a large portion of the user base?

--
Regards,

Peter Reaper

The browser you can trust:  http://www.GetFirefox.com