Quoting Laurent Godard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Marco,

Fair question, but you partly answered it yourself. OpenDocument
is one thing, OO.o another. Who can assume that the latter *will*
be installed wherever the former is used? Especially in 2/4 years,
if OpenDocument is to become the truly universal that we keep
saying etc etc...

IMHO, macros (developepd in  StarBasic, python, beanshell,
whateverlanguage) do not deal with openDocument at all
It only deals with the layer the software (OOo) that render an
OpenDocument gives the script through its API. It is implementation specific

OpenDocment is /only/ the description of the xml files (eg content.xml),
and not a specification of the api of the implementation

Laurent

-- Laurent Godard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com
Nuxeo CPS >> http://www.nuxeo.com - http://www.cps-project.org
Livre "Programmation OpenOffice.org", Eyrolles 2004

Ok this is a learning opportunity, I thought odt is exactly the same as
sxw just
a with a different syntaxis. If I have a macro with a window form and I save
that document. Does that mean that the code will be in the file or would it be
on my computer? Does that means that they are no-longer portable to another
OOo?

--
Alexandro Colorado
Co-Leader of OpenOffice.org Spanish