Marco,

Email traffic - unsnipped posts, unwrapped posts - none of this really
matters to most people.  Most people have hundreds of megabytes of
online storage for their email - regardless of the state of their
personal hardware.  Most people use email clients, or web-based email
interface, that automatically wraps text for them.  Most people delete
emails that they do not wish to read.

I  say all of this to say, you're constant outcry for "better email
practices" is a waste.  All it does is create the very traffic and
wasted bandwidth that you so desperately wish to stop.  That, and it
annoys people.  At least it annoys me.

People who have such limited resources (pay-per-bit downloads, less
than a Gig of HD space, 2 megs of RAM, whatever), should *NOT*
subscribe to a mailing list of this magnatude.  I mean, I don't try to
burn DVDs on my CD player.  If your hardware or connection or software
is so vastly limited - you, as the user, need to be aware of your
limitations and not attempt to exceed them.  All the "good email
practices" in the world won't change this.

Please end your campaign for control of other people's email, and stop
this annoying ranting.

Thank you,
-Chad Smith

On 7/23/05, M. Fioretti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 12:21:04 PM -0500, Peter Kupfer OOo
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > As you are not subscribed, you may have missed this post.
>
> Peter (and all the others who lately have re-sent messages for the
>       same reason, that's why I'm posting here),
>
> as we *are* duly subscribed, we had *not* missed that post, and the
> three others you re-sent in short sequence. I understand that, due to
> the amount of traffic here, casual visitors may not subscribe, just
> shot questions (**), and I also thank all you volunteers for your
> work, but please don't make traffic even higher.
>
> Thanks,
>       Marco
>
> > William W. Austin wrote:

> (**) To tell the truth no, I still don't understand why non
> subscribers are allowed to post to this address, and I've said it
> several times, but until this doesn't change OK, let's cope with it in
> the least intrusive way...
>
> --
> Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
> Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/
>
> Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political
> freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free
> market are corollaries.              -- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"

-Chad Smith