Hi there--

Just wanted to drop a suggestion regarding the upcoming version of OpenOffice... I LOVE this program, especially writer, and regard it as superior to MS Word...except in one instance: page numbering. I want to be able to insert page numbers in a document OUTSIDE the margin formatting, and I want to be able to start at any number, not just "1". Unfortunately the offset command doesn't seem to work, the footer steals page space from the main body, and all of this takes half a dozen commands to execute. I have to load things into Word just to print, because I often print separate chapters of a large document-in-progress (in my case, a novel). Please provide an easy page number insertion command in the next version!

JRL