From: J. Robert Lennon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 1 August 2005 5:33 AM
To: discuss@openoffice.org
Subject: [discuss] Page numbering

Hi there--

Just wanted to drop a suggestion regarding the upcoming version of
OpenOffice... I LOVE this program, especially writer, and regard it as
superior to MS Word...except in one instance: page numbering.  I want to
be able to insert page numbers in a document OUTSIDE the margin
formatting, and I want to be able to start at any number, not just "1".

Unfortunately the offset command doesn't seem to work, the footer steals
page space from the main body, and all of this takes half a dozen
commands to execute.  I have to load things into Word just to print,
because I often print separate chapters of a large document-in-progress
(in my case, a novel).  Please provide an easy page number insertion
command in the next version!

JRL