On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:18:52 +0100, Chad Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/20/05, Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I thought the discussion was that OOo needed a web publisher to do web
sites. OOo already has the facilities to save files as sendable
documents, we don;t have to add anything to do that.

No Ian, you misunderstand. There are two different things being discussed
 #1) A repair/rewrite of the HTML editor.
 This is unrelated to the web-based discussion.
 #2) A new based version of OOo.
This would have all the functionality of OOo (including HTML editor) like
Writer, Calc, Impress, etc. except it would run online through your web
browser. This way it could run on mobile devices and in any operating
system.
 I want both. If I can't get one, then I still want the other.
 But I realise that I'll likely not get either.
 -Chad

I guess you could get #1 if you get a developer to do it (hire him to do that job). It's really not so dificult to add a functionality to the HTML-Editor since you use the same codebase and could map to the correct XService of the UNO framework. If those services are not available then your developer could make them. You could even make it in pythong and get some bounties from the shuttleworth foundation and get at least some money back from the development.

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES