On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 00:07:49 -0000, Sam Stainsby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think that people that argue that there is no reason to develop a mail

client as part of OpenOffice because there are other mail client

applications available are misguided for two reasons:

Make sure you are asking for an email client and NOT an outlook clone which from what I read before in your email is what your company is looking for (calendaring features).

Also you mention that your company don't want to move away from Microsoft office. You can buy Outlook as a separate package and use OpenOffice.org this will save you $200 dls per desktop.

You also mention that your company is not on-line, to have a web-based application you only need a network. If your company is not on-line but the computers are linked between each other then you will have a deskop.

If your company also is not using it as a groupware (exchange) then you might as well install the PIM application like Kde-PIM or even the Palm desktop is an outlook clone really.

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES