On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:06:51 -0000, Terri Sprague <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As a user, I hate online only apps. In fact, I think

they are becoming

more and more popular because they are being offered

at less cost that

the offline versions.

I think we should divide what aree web-apps and what is more 'browser-apps'. For a while I have make the so called web-applications on my local desktop.

Usually because most linux instalations include a web-server, database, scripting language and finally a browser. I can run all the so called 'web-applications' off-line.

You can do the same in windows using packages like XAMPP.

I consider web-applications, programs that need to run online regardless if you are seen it from a browser or from a gui. This applications can be an Internet Messenger, P2P apps like Naptster, FTP clients and so forth. This are apps that depend majorly from being on-line.

I want to make that definition because maybe we are talking about a different thing. Your point on connectivity is made me think that not because the app resides on a browser it means is on-line.

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES