On 12/16/05, Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Office of Fair Trading has left the case open. They say they are not
> saying MS is clear, just that the cost of pursuing the case is not worth
> the gain given the current extent of the take up of MSSA in UK schools.
> In principle I beleive that Microsoft schools Agreement is illegal under
> uropean Law and certainly the OFT has not said otherwise. It might be
> worth someone in Norway starting a similar action with the Norwegian OFT
> if there is such a thing. Microsoft submitted 30,000 pages of evidence
> in the UK case so if nothing else it causes them some inconvenience.

Or were those 30,000 pages specifically produced to bury the opposition in a
deep snow drift?  I wonder... is there any sort of law against dumping huge
volumes of sophistic nonsense onto the opposing (understaffed) side, knowing
that they don't have the resources to process it all.  30,000 pages of
content is one thing - but since Microsoft is legally and morally in the
wrong, those 30,000 pages can't have any real quality content....

RM