Hi there.

I'm a new user to OpenOffice.org, but I find it to be
just as good as
the regular MS products I have used so far.

Some good news first - Singapore's government
institutions are thinking
of moving towards OpenOffice.org for its day-to-day
document handling,
with the Ministry of Defence taking the lead.  By now,
MINDEF (Ministry
of Defence, Singapore) should have completed its
conversion to
OpenOffice.org.  Well done, guys! (That's insider
news, by the way!
Don't publish it yet until the media reports it!)

Now the bad news...

The one thing I noticed is that for OpenOffice,
whenever there is a new
release users would have to download the entire
program instead of just
having the new features "plugged in" as an update.  As
a result, I have
to wait around 30 mins for the entire installation
file to download.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OpenOffice could use a
Update feature like
Windows Update and many other non-MS programs (esp
anti-virus programs
where users download small definition files).  I would
be grateful if
the updates came in smaller doses rather than having
to download the
entire OpenOffice program.

All this is based on the fact that I've never come
across OpenOffice
updates where I don't have to download the entire
program again.  If
there is such an update feature, please tell me about
it, and I
apologize for being such a noob in the first place.

Thank you.

Regards and Merry Xmas,
Abdul Malik
Singapore